Head movements are called as Shirobheda.
“Samam Udhvahitam Adhomukham
Alolitham Dhrutam Kampithamcha
Paravrutham Utkshiptham Parivahitham
Navadha katitam sheersham Natyashastra visharadaihi”
- Samam: To Look Straight
2. Udhvahitam: To Move the head Up(Looking up)
3. Adhomukham: To Move the head Down(Looking down)
4. Alolitham: Rotating in circular movement(Feeling Faint)
5. Dhrutam: To Move the head Sideways(right -left)
6. Kampitamcha: To Move the head Up and Down
7. Paravrutham: To Look Sideways
8. Utkshiptham: To Look Diagonally up
9. Parivahitam: Saying No(Denying)
These are the nine types of Shirobhedas as mentioned in Natyashashtra.